Saturday, August 17, 2013

Chair #1

Just finished My 1st chair 3 more to go!  I ended up getting frustrated on this one.  Lots of "helpers" that ended in mishaps.  I ended up working on lots of little fun crafts in between. So,  It took me a lot longer than planned.  My next project will be the Old TV cabinet.  Stay tuned for that.  I will be posting some of, the fun smaller crafts, While I am working on the next project.  


 Remember this old beast!
Under that fabric was Yummy! This has a good washing.
 Old other people's stuff is gross!  Be prepared.  I spread out the black tarp, used rubber gloves, pliers and a kitchen knife to tear this apart.
 Next up a good sanding and wash down.
 I spray painted this one.  I bought a good quality spray paint and put 3 coats on.
Be careful with the old fabric to use as a pattern.  Then sew your little heart out!  
 Lots of Staples and Glue later!  She is complete
 Total Cost $30 for the purchase of the chair and material's to paint and recover it. Not bad!!!
It did take about 10 hours total to tear down and refinish

1 comment:

Alan, Amber, Emma, and Zachary said...

That turned out DARLING!!!